We are having so much fun with our 2 1/2 year old sweetie! She's such a little ham these days and we are in constant amazement at all the things she's learning (and saying!).
The other day, while driving by a restaurant that is in a barn shaped building, Addie said, "Look Mama, it's a pentagon!" I was so confused trying to find a pentagon and she pointed to the building. Sure enough, it had a red neon light outlining the top of the "barn" and it was a pentagon! I have no idea where she learned that but I'm sure it was from me:) She is talking up a storm and we have the best conversations in the car!
Addie is such a sweet girl and is very concerned when you have a "boo boo" or are upset about something. She loves to give hugs and kisses and minds us well (most of the time!).
She is not a baby anymore and while most days I love it, some days I miss those sweet baby snuggles. We are working on potty training and it's going pretty well. I think we'll move her into a big girl bed this summer while I'm out of school and can handle the ramifications of that big change! I am looking forward to our long summer break. It'll be so much better than last summer's 6 short weeks. I have lots of fun things in mind for us to do and I'm sure we'll be spending every weekend we can at the lake! We are also looking forward to several trips to see Tantie and Uncle Tom (and of course Charlie/Char Char) in Charleston!
Work is going well. I am absolutely loving 5th grade! It's so nice to tell them to do something and they actually do it! I love not having to give directions 5 times. In mid-March, I will be taking my kids on a trip to Washington, DC. I am so excited! It's been a long time since I've been to DC and I cannot wait to share our nation's history with my kids! They are just as excited as I am! I just don't think they can fathom that they'll be walking on the same streets Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy walked on! I'm sure it will be a wonderful adventure for them all.
I'll leave you with a funny video of Addie dancing to the Hot Dog Song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! I told you she was a ham!
No comments:
Post a Comment