Saturday, March 5, 2011

Feeling Better!

It appears that our sweet girl is feeling better today!  We have been to the doctor 3 times in the past 2 weeks.  Once for the eye infection, another time for a low grade fever and worsening cough, and then yesterday when we learned she had an ear infection.  Yuck!  We began amoxicillan last night and woke up to a much happier girl this morning! 

The flash made her blink but that IS a smile!
I've never seen a kid love to take medicine like ours does!  I guess that's a good thing but I'm thinking she'll probably wisen up soon!

We've had a rainy day today so while Addie was napping, I made more baby food.  I am really proud to say that Addie has eaten home made baby food all but about 5 times in her life!  It's soooo worth it but is a little time consuming.  Today we made peas, spinach, sweet potatoes, and apples.  It's amazing how good food tastes when you don't add anything to it!  Everything I've made has a natural sweetness that she loves and I'm hoping this will help make her an adventurous eater when she's older. 

Adrianne gave me some baby food storage containers for Christmas so I use those and then freeze the rest in ice cube trays.  Thank goodness for Andy's grandparents wanting to keep everything!  Ice cube trays are hard to find these days but they had a few and let me have them!  
I'm working on a 7 month post for tomorrow!  Check back soon!  Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet smile... So happy she is feeling better. Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie looks great and I love her shades! Nicole - I am so impressed that you are making her food, you are definitely supermom!

    ReplyDelete