Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day (and nine month birthday!)

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!  It was a wonderful 1st Mother's Day for me!  I kept thinking all day about how wonderful it is to be a mother to the sweetest girl in the world!  It's the best job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

Mother's Day always reminds me of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mother!  I only hope I can be the kind of mother to Addie that she is to me and Adrianne.  We were so lucky that she was able to stay home when we were little.  She did so many fun things with us and gave us such wonderful experiences.  Someone once told me that your mother becomes your best friend when you have a baby and that is so true!  I honestly don't know what I would do without her!  She is the best grandmother to Addie and I love to see Addie's face light up in a huge smile when she sees her Mema!

Friday was Addie's 9 month birthday!  Can you believe it????  What is she up to this month?
  • She wears size 3 diapers and 9, 12, and some 18 month clothes
  • She pulls up and can walk when holding onto something
  • She stands without holding on for a few seconds
  • She says "dada" mostly but also says "baba", "gluglu", "teetee", "mama" (only a few times and I haven't heard it at all lately!), "kiki" (kitty or Katy, we're not sure!) and "nana" (only once at Miss Katy's!)
  • She eats lots of the foods we eat and is able to feed herself anything she can pick up
  • She loves cheese!  Any kind!
  • She giggles and smiles when she sees or hears her daddy!
  • She sleeps 10-12 hours every night
  • She takes 2 naps on a good day!
  • She nurses 3 times a day and eats 3 solid meals and snacks (yes, she loves to eat!)
  • She is very interested in other kids and watches them so seriously!
  • She claps and is starting to wave a little
  • She "dances" when she hears music
  • She loves to be read to and likes to hold the book herself! (The teacher in me loves this!!!)
Who knows what next month will bring?  Maybe a walker.......

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy keeping up with your blog. Belated happy Mother's Day. I know you're a great mother as is Karen. Keep enjoying the experience. Sweet words.

    ReplyDelete