Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Addie's Surgery

Addie had her tear duct surgery last Thursday. She did great! It was a fairly uneventful day except for the fact that I woke up at 4:30 on the morning of the surgery with a stomach bug. I was not going to let that stop me from taking her and thankfully Andy went too so I was able to suffer through it.

She went right back with the anesthesiologist after she had her "giggle juice". She was like a little drunk and we got a kick out of watching her.

This is after giggle juice!
.

Pulling all the Kleenex out! She was very out of it here!

Andy and I went out to the waiting room and within 15 minutes the doctor came out to get us. When we went back to recovery she was crying. It took us a while to get her settled but after some snuggled with Mama, she was fine.

I rode home in the back with her and she devoured a whole blueberry bagel!

We spent the rest of the day in our pj's and Mema brought dinner. She was such a brave, sweet girl and we were so proud of her!

Her eye looked so much better immediately! It hasn't been red, teary, or goopy since we took her in last week! She even seems happier! Perhaps it's because I'm not constantly wiping at her eye!

I finally figured out how to add pictures from my iPad so hopefully there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment