On Friday, we began our day with a late brunch at Madison Restaurant near the apartment. This was a little neighborhood diner but it was soooo good! I had the best French toast I've ever eaten. It was made with Challah instead of regular French bread and it was rich and delicious!
 |
| Challah French Toast |
After brunch, we went to the American Museum of Natural History to spend the afternoon. I'm the history nerd and had to see this! Luckily, Mom and Adrianne obliged the teacher! It was beautiful and overlooked Central Park.
 |
| Theodore Roosevelt |
 |
| Central Park and city skyline |
 |
| Dinosaurs and a beautiful ceiling |
 |
| Beautiful quote from Theodore Roosevelt |
 |
| Collection of African Elephants. Beautiful creatures. |
 |
| Oceans Exhibit. I was dying to see this! This is their great room where they frequently have galas and fundraisers, but they also host school group campouts in this room under the "ocean ceiling" and this huge whale! My kids at school would LOVE that! |
After touring the museum, we headed across the street to Central Park to rest a while.
That night, we had dinner at Round Table at the Algonquin Hotel which was where my Mimi used to live when she worked in NYC. It was delicious and the atmosphere was great!
 |
| Cosmopolitan. They're well known for theirs! |
 |
| And they carried our favorite wine! |
 |
| I want 2 chairs like this for my dining room once I repaint! Very comfy! |
 |
| Pomegranate Cosmo in the bar. |
After dinner, we headed to the August Wilson Theatre to see
Jersey Boys. It was great too! It was the story of Frankie Valley and The Four Seasons so the music was wonderful and familiar!
Unfortunately, we had to head home on Saturday. We all had a great time and can't wait to go back again! Thanks again Uncle Holland, Mimi and Daddy-Daddy, and Andy for the apartment, helping with Addie, and making this whole trip possible! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment